Somatic mutation cancer hotspot panels
Personalised cancer care
The somatic mutation cancer hotspot panel is a multiplex next generation sequencing assay, designed to identify common, clinically actionable genomic alterations in most solid tumour samples. These panels provide a personalised understanding of a patient’s tumour.
Why choose the somatic mutation cancer hotspot panel?
Detects mutations that have prognostic and diagnostic value.
- Identifies potential therapeutics or potential clinical trials.
- Finds acquired resistance mutations to drugs and assists in the selection of medicines.
- Available exclusively through Sonic Genetics.
Optimised for clinical benefit
- Detects single base substitutions (SNVs), small deletions and insertions up to 24 nucleotides.
- Simultaneously evaluates the mutation status of tumour DNA at more than 140 well-characterised positions (hotspots) and more than 20 full exons in no less than 30 cancer-associated genes.
- Catalogues genomic alterations, linking them to details on treatment sensitivity and resistance, as well as clinical trial information.
- Reports feature a detailed clinical interpretation, with information based on the mutation profile of the tumour.
- A seamless full service approach enables physicians to make more informed patient decisions.
Are the panels reimbursed by Medicare?
Some focused panels are rebated by Medicare if criteria are met avoiding any out-of-pocket charges for your patient. Other focused panels are available and will be privately billed. For current pricing, please refer to the Further Information section below and for further details please refer to the Resources section below. Please contact us if you have further enquiries.
- Find It doctor brief
- Find It example report – focused panel
- Find It example report – full panel
- Find It hotspot panel
- Find It information for medical specialists
- Find It information for patients
- Somatic mutation sample requirements for referring laboratories
- Solid tumour somatic mutation request form
- Find It resource order form
- Find It solid tumour sub-panels
- VIDEO: Professor Huntsman presents cancer genomics, June 2018
- VIDEO: Professor Huntsman presents cancer mutation testing, update for current practice, May 2018