Contextual Genomics FIND IT cancer hotspot panel
Personalised cancer care
The Contextual Genomics FIND IT® cancer hotspot panel is a multiplex next generation sequencing assay, designed to identify common, clinically actionable genomic alterations in most solid tumour samples. The FIND IT panel provides a personalised understanding of a patient’s tumour.
Why choose the FIND IT cancer hotspot panel?
Detects mutations that have prognostic and diagnostic value.
- Identifies potential therapeutics or potential clinical trials.
- Finds acquired resistance mutations to drugs and assists in the selection of medicines.
- Available exclusively through Sonic Genetics.
Optimised for clinical benefit
- Detects single base substitutions (SNVs), small deletions and insertions up to 24 nucleotides.
- Simultaneously evaluates the mutation status of tumour DNA at more than 140 well-characterised positions (hotspots) and more than 20 full exons in no less than 30 cancer-associated genes.
- Catalogues genomic alterations, linking them to details on treatment sensitivity and resistance, as well as clinical trial information.
- Reports feature a detailed clinical interpretation, with information based on the mutation profile of the tumour.
- A seamless full service approach enables physicians to make more informed patient decisions.
Is the FIND IT test reimbursed by Medicare?
Currently the full FIND IT panel is not covered by a Medicare rebate and will be privately billed to the patient. Focused panels are available for the relevant Medicare rebate fee for eligible patients, avoiding any out-of-pocket charges. An add-on panel can be requested to extend a focused panel to a full panel. For current pricing, please see the ‘FIND IT information for medical specialists’ and ‘FIND IT doctor brief’ publications available for download below. Please contact us if you have further enquiries.
- FIND IT doctor brief
- FIND IT example report – focused panel
- FIND IT example report – full panel
- FIND IT explanation of panel upgrade - June 2019
- FIND IT hotspot panel
- FIND IT information for medical specialists
- FIND IT information for patients
- FIND IT instructions for referring laboratories
- Solid tumour somatic mutation request form
- FIND IT resource order form
- FIND IT solid tumour sub-panels
- VIDEO: Professor Huntsman presents cancer genomics, June 2018
- VIDEO: Professor Huntsman presents cancer mutation testing, update for current practice, May 2018